Apply to Ranger College online, if not already a Ranger student. All guidelines for acceptance into Ranger College must be met: https://www.rangercollege.edu/student-services/admissions/
Official Transcripts: request and send two (2) official transcripts to
ATTN: Registrar’s Office
1240 College Circle
Ranger, TX 76470
ATTN: Vocational Nursing Program
300 Early Blvd. Suite 105
Early, TX 76802
Admission Test for Ranger College: The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) assesses entry level academic readiness for college. Fee: $30
Register for the pre-requisite course (when available): HITT 1205 Medical Terminology:
You must pass this course with a “C” or above. Applicants may be accepted contingent on completing and passing this course.
To apply to the VN program, contact Kathy Davis, RN/Director at email@example.com.
Apply to the Nursing Program – Obtain and complete a Nursing Program Application Packet. The VN Application Packet contains:
- Vocational Nursing Application – PDF Format
- Reference Form (3) – PDF Format (a sample form is provided for review)
- Vocational Nursing Requirements: Immunizations – must be submitted via email or hand delivered only
- Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) – proctored through a third-party proctoring agent.
Pre-Admission Exam – National League of Nursing Pre-Admission Exam (PAX). The cost of this exam is $55. See the instructional sheet.
Students must achieve the following scores to be considered for the VN Program:
- Reading: 65%
- Mathematics: 55%
- Science: 25%
HESI and ATI-TEAS scores will be honored per the above scoring system.
Once the application packet has been reviewed by the VN Faculty, the following steps complete the process:
- Director of VN Program will contact you to schedule a peer interview.
- Acceptance/denial letters will be emailed to applicants within 7 days after the interview.
- If accepted, your information will be sent to the Texas Board of Nursing.
- The TX BON will send instructions regarding your Criminal Background Check.
- The Director of VN Program will notify you when to schedule your Drug Screen.
ALL ACCEPTANCES TO THE VOCATIONAL NURSING PROGRAM ARE CONTINGENT ON COMPLETION OF THE PREREQUISITE COURSE, CRIMINAL HISTORY AND DRUG SCREENING.