The applicant must be 21 years of age or older. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is not required (but applicant must furnish a copy of high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate, if applicable, at the time of enrollment). If applicant does not have a high school diploma or G.E.D., an assessment test will be given to determine that the student has the ability to benefit from the training offered.
Each student that does not have a copy of his/her high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate will be given the Wonderlic ATB test during the first week of school. This test assesses the student’s ability to read, write and understand the English language, as well as some basic mathematics.
Each applicant must pass the Department Of Transportation examination, including but not limited to urinalysis drug screening, and Breath Alcohol Test.
As an over-the-road driver, students have the opportunity to travel across North America, in all kinds of weather and terrain.
After graduation from this course, the student will be:
1. Qualified to secure an entry level job as an over the road driver with a commercial driver’s license.
2. Aware of safety procedures; alcohol and drug effects; laws and penalties applicable to the professional driver.
3. Proficient at performing pre-trip, on the road, and post trip vehicle and equipment inspections.
4. Skillful in safe driving techniques.
5. Capable of map reading, log books, cargo documentation, dispatch procedures, emergency responsibilities, and regulations of transportation agencies.
Length of Course
The course will be 200 total hours, spread out over 4 weeks. The maximum completion time allowed is 300 hours.