Student Support Services is a federally funded program designed to help students be successful in their educational career.The program helps students with their academic development, basic college requirements, test taking skills, study skills, time management skills, note-taking skills, and test anxiety. We work with the students to prepare a Student Success Plan (SSP) which gathers information about their school, life, educational goals, and career goals. The Student Support Services program is funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
The Ranger College Student Support Sevices program is dedicated to providing an individualized educational support system to our students to contribute to the cultural, social, moral, and intellectual development of each student we serve.
* Academic advising
* Academic tutoring
* Advice and assistance in postsecondary course selection
* Assistance in applying to a 4-year institution
* Assistance in applying for Federal Student Aid
* Career seminar and guidance services
* Computer lab
* Cultural activities
* Financial aid workshop
* Study Skills, time managment and organizational workshop
* Transfer workshop
* Visits to 4-year universities
College life can be challenging, so we at Student Support Services try to make it easier for you, and at the same time have a little fun. We are including a link to a website to further help you with college transition and ways to improve yourself as a student and as a person. Please visit MindTools for these helpful resources. Feel free to stop by our office, located in the Ranger College library, if we can be of assistance.
What is TRiO Student Support Services?
TRiO SSS is a federal program that helps students stay in college. The program enhances students’ academic skills, increasing their retention and graduation rate. We also strive to make the transition into college as smooth as possible.
Who is eligible to participate in TRiO Student Support Services?
The following criteria must be met to be eligible:
* Be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for Federal Student Financial Aid.
* Be enrolled full time at Ranger College.
* Have a need for academic support.
* Students must be: 1. Low-income OR 2. First-Generation College Student OR 3. Disabled