The mission of Ranger College is to transform lives and give students the skills to be a positive influence in their communities.
Ranger College endeavors to close systemic opportunity gaps in higher education by making data-informed decisions to assist student groups that have been historically marginalized. The college strives to remove existing barriers, to promote equal access, and to strive for equity for all.
The development of Ranger College’s Strategic Plan was a collaborative effort. We encouraged input, suggestions, and advice from all of our constituencies. As we developed our Plan, we scheduled meetings with committees, community groups, and everyone who has a stake in the future of Ranger College. This broad-based participation ensured a dynamic, meaningful Strategic Plan that serves the need of our ever-growing service area.
Assessment of each of the strategic plan goals takes place annually with the strategic initiatives, key performance measures, success indicators, findings and analysis being recorded in the college’s repository software, Weave. In accordance with the 2018-2023 Strategic Plan Objectives 2.1 and 2.7, the primary emphasis for evaluating student achievement is placed on four criteria:
- Fall-to-fall retention (increase by 4% per year from baseline of Fall 2017)
- Three-, four-, and six-year graduation rates (meet or exceed statewide averages)
- Transfer rates (increase by 5% per year from baseline 2017)
- Licensure pass rates (Meet or exceed statewide averages)
In addition, during 2018-2023, the College monitors indicators in the following areas:
- Enrollment Growth
- Student Success
- Human Capital
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Management of Facilities
- Expended Workforce Programs
- New and Enhanced Revenue Streams
- Improved Use of Technology
- Strengthened Community Relationships
The Strategic Plan assessment reports for each academic year are: