The Texas Education Agency explains that “Pathways ensure that students are prepared for success in college and careers in higher wage, in-demand fields.”
Ranger College is one of many participating schools in the Association of Community College’s efforts to create a powerful infrastructure that leads all students from high school to a college degree. The Pathways program strives to eliminate barriers to education and increase efficiency in the advising process.
Pathways is a program designed to create more college graduates in the following ways:
- Improve communication with counselors at high schools.
- Connect high school “endorsements” directly to Ranger College degree plans.
- Advise students on course registration with specific emphasis on their career choice.
- Ensure that students avoid taking electives that do not apply to their chosen degree.
- Educate college advisors, high school counselors, and career mentors to improve efficiency.
- Remove barriers to success in all aspects of the student experience (e.g., financial aid, tutoring, ESL support, et cetera).
- Provide professional development to improve customer service.