Ranger College received the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) Student Aid grant funded by the CARES Act that was signed into law on March 27, 2020. This grant is available to support students with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.
These funds are limited and do not need to be repaid. The funds are not intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring expenses. This fund can only be applied for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to Coronavirus. Funds cannot be requested for school expenses to include tuition and fees.
All applications will be reviewed for eligibility and disbursed to students through your direct deposit account set up on your Campus Connect or by check to the address on file with the Registrar’s Office. Please check your address and make any changes with the Registrar’s Office.
All status updates, request for more information, required forms, documents, offer notices, disbursement information, etc. will be sent to the email provided in the application.
Funding under the HEERF Student Aid grant is available to Title IV eligible enrolled Ranger College students who have been affected by the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. Title IV eligibility is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Eligible students must be:
- Enrolled as a regular student in a degree or certificate eligible program
- High school graduate, home school graduate, GED recipient or meet Ability-to-Benefit requirements
- Registered for the Selective Service, if required
- A United States citizen or eligible noncitizen, as determined by the FAFSA
- Not in default on a federal student loan, or owe money on a federal student grant
- Meeting the Ranger College’s Satisfactory Progress for receiving financial aid
View Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines Here
Maximum award amounts will be based on the Spring 2020 and / or Summer 2020 enrollment.
Full Time (12 or more hours) $1,200
Three Quarter Time (9-11 hours) $900
Half Time (6-8 hours) $600
Questions or concerns directly related to the CARES Act funds or the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the link below to start your application process. You must include your full name and Ranger College student ID number. Application review could take one week. Once approved, disbursements will be made.
- Ranger College (RC) acknowledges that it has signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certificate and Agreement to receive CARES Act Emergency Relief Funds and that it will use at least 50% of the allocated amounts to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- RC will receive $1,047,733 in total funding, with the student portion totaling $523,867.
- As of July 21, 2020, the total amount of funds disbursed to students was $305,700.
- RC estimates that approximately 500 students will qualify and benefit from the CARES Act funds.
- A total of 307 students had received funds as of July 21, 2020.
- RC created an online application for students to use to apply for funds. In May 2020, RC emailed the web link to all students enrolled in Spring 2020 courses. In August 2020, RC emailed the web link to all students enrolled in Summer 2020 courses. RC created an online application for students to use to apply for funds. The application was based on the agreement with the CARES Act Certification to only use funds for expenses related to the COVID-19 disruption of campus operations. The types of student expenses that will be reimbursed through the CARES Act funds include food, housing, course materials for moving to online instruction, technology, health care, and childcare. Initial grant amounts range from $600 to $1,200 per student depending on the student’s enrollment status.
Students considered Title IV eligible and who were enrolled as of March 13, 2020 and completed the spring 2020 semester are eligible.