Process for RN and Bridge Programs
Ranger offers a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to Registered Nurse (RN) Bridge Program with approval from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the Texas State Board of Nursing (BON). This track is only available at the Brown County Center. The program combines the first two semesters of the traditional RN Program into one semester and then allows the students to join their ADN colleagues in the third semester and complete the program.
Start of the Program
The program begins each Spring semester. The deadline to apply to the Bridge is October 1st.
Brown County Center
- See Requirements and Curriculum for the RN Program and the LVN to RN Program under “Links and Downloads” on the right.
- Admission Test for Nursing: The Test of Essential Academic Skill (TEAS) assesses entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants. A “PROFICIENT” level score is required for the program. Register here. In registration, choose “Ranger College” as the school and “Early, Texas” as the test location. The TEAS is proctored at the Early campus on Thursday afternoons in the spring and summer semesters.
- Apply to Ranger College. All guidelines for acceptance into Ranger College must be met, including Texas Success Initiative (TSI) completion. Apply here.
- Set up your Ranger email account for correspondence with the Nursing Program. Visit Student Services to learn about your Ranger College email account.
- Email the Nursing Program to obtain the Nursing Program Application. Send your email here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule an appointment with the Dean of Nursing to submit your application. Only completed applications, including all criteria listed below, may be submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Schedule your appointment here or email email@example.com.
Requirements for the Nursing Program:
* Official Transcripts – Ranger College & Nursing Program (both)
* Current American Heart Association CPR – BLS Healthcare Provider – ONLY
* An online Tracking Tool will be used for Immunization records, TB, and CPR management.
* After acceptance, the Texas State BON will require and initiate a criminal background check.
* After acceptance, a drug screening is required prior to the program. Ranger College Nursing Department will initiate this process.
* Current Immunizations/Vaccines/Other: ( 2 Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), 2 Varicella, 3 Hepatitis B series (or titer), Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) (within 10 yr), 2 Negative TB skin tests (required annually afterward), Meningitis (for applicants under 21 years of age), Seasonal Flu – required each Fall, obtain in Fall after acceptance
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I need to do first in applying to the Nursing Program?
A: To begin the process, you will need to take the Test of Essential Academic Skill (TEAS). The TEAS assesses entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants. “PROFICIENT” level scoring is required for entrance into the Nursing Program. Sign up instructions for this test are on the ATI website: atitesting.com. After registering with ATI, you will choose Ranger College as your school and Early, TX as the test location. The TEAS is proctored at our Early campus on Thursday afternoons currently.
Q: If I apply to Ranger College, do I also need to apply to the Associate Degree Nursing Program?
A: Yes. You must apply to each separately. Follow the sequence and instructions.
Q: Why do I need to submit 2 official transcripts?
A: You will need to request any and all official transcripts sent to both the Ranger College Registrar at 1100 College Circle, Ranger TX, 76470 and the Ranger College Brown County Campus, Attn: Dean of Nursing at 300 Early Blvd, Suite 105, Early, TX 76802. The seal on the envelope must not be broken. * 2 official transcripts are required because the Associate Degree Nursing Program is not on the main campus and the Texas Board of Nursing requires official transcripts to be kept on file on site.
Q: How do I obtain financial aid?
A: Apply for your financial aid on the FASFA website at FAFSA.gov. Direct all Financial Aid questions to the Financial Aid department located at the Ranger Main Campus at 254.647.3234, ext. 217.