Thank you for your interest in the Registered Nurse (RN) Program at Ranger College. The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Program is offered only at the Brown County campus in Early and Brownwood, Texas.
Our RN program is for any student who meets the criteria and is interested in becoming a Registered Nurse. This program includes 4 semesters of nursing courses which start each Spring Semester. Deadline to submit complete application is August 1st for January admission.
The following must occur in this order:
1. Prerequisite courses must be completed prior to the start of the program with a grade of “C” or better to be accepted into program: BIOL 2401 Anatomy & Physiology I, ENG 1301 Composition I, PSYC 2301 General Psychology.
2. Admission Test for Nursing: The Test of Essential Academic Skill (TEAS) assesses entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants. “PROFICIENT”-level scoring is required for the program. Register here. In registration, choose “Ranger College” as the school and “Early, Texas” as the test location. The TEAS is proctored at the Early campus on Thursday afternoons.
3. Apply to Ranger College. All guidelines for acceptance into Ranger College must be met, including Texas Success Initiative (TSI) completion. Apply here.
4. Set up your Ranger email account for correspondence with the Nursing Program. Visit Student Services to learn about your Ranger College email account.
5. Email the Nursing Program from your Ranger email account to obtain the Nursing Program Application. Send your email here or contact email@example.com.
6. Schedule an appointment with the Dean of Nursing to submit your application. Only completed applications, including all criteria listed below, may be submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Schedule your appointment here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for the Nursing Program
* Official Transcripts – Ranger College & Nursing Program (both)
* Current American Heart Association CPR – BLS Healthcare Provider – ONLY
* Current Immunizations/Vaccines/Other:
2 Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), 2 Varicella, 3 Hepatitis B series (or titer)
Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) (within 10 yr)
2 Negative TB skin tests (required annually afterward)
Meningitis (for applicants under 21 years of age)
Seasonal Flu – required each Fall, obtain in Fall after acceptance
The deadline to submit complete application is August 1st for January admission.
* Co-Requisite Courses: BIOL 2402 Anatomy & Physiology II, BIOL 2420 or BIOL 2421 Microbiology, PSYC 2314 Lifespan Growth & Develop, Humanities/Fine Arts.
* After acceptance, Board of Nursing will require a Criminal Background check and a Drug Screening annually and upon random request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I need to do first in applying to the Nursing Program?
A: To begin the process, you will need to take the Test of Essential Academic Skill (TEAS). The TEAS assesses entry level academic readiness of nursing program applicants. “PROFICIENT” level scoring is required for entrance into the Nursing Program. Sign up instructions for this test are on the ATI website: atitesting.com. After registering with ATI, you will choose Ranger College as your school and Early, TX as the test location. The TEAS is proctored at our Early campus on Thursday afternoons currently.
Q: If I apply to Ranger College, do I also need to apply to the Associate Degree Nursing Program?
A: Yes. You must apply to each separately. Follow the sequence and instructions.
Q: Why do I need to submit 2 official transcripts?
A: You will need to request any and all official transcripts sent to both the Ranger College Registrar at 1100 College Circle, Ranger TX, 76470 and the Ranger College Brown County Campus, Attn: Dean of Nursing at 300 Early Blvd, Suite 105, Early, TX 76802. The seal on the envelope must not be broken. * 2 official transcripts are required because the Associate Degree Nursing Program is not on the main campus and the Texas Board of Nursing requires official transcripts to be kept on file on site.
Q: How do I obtain financial aid?
A: Apply for your financial aid on the FASFA website at FAFSA.gov. Direct all Financial Aid questions to the Financial Aid department located at the Ranger Main Campus at 254.647.3234, ext. 217.